Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

What a difference a day makes


This past week Hawaii braced for two major storms: Hurricane Iselle and Hurricane Julio. The Big Island took most of the impact. Many folks are still without electricity and basic supplies. I have many friends there, and so far each have said they are happy just to have made it through without any major issues. They are doing well for the most part. I thank God that they are all okay.

The rest of the islands fared considerably better. Over here on Oahu, there was some damage and flooding. A few folks lost their roofs in the winds. Many large trees and such were completely pulled out of the ground. But, overall, we are all okay. Moreover, we are incredibly fortunate that Hurricane Julio skirted over the islands this morning, so we are pretty much in the clear, as of the time of this writing.

For the past few days, I have witnessed nothing but damage, destruction, and terrifying weather. You can imagine my surprise when I awoke this morning to see perfect blue skies. My family and I decided to go to the beach, even though we heard a high surf advisory was issued. Every beach was so crowded today. I saw many old friends, some of whom I haven't seen years. There were many families enjoying the day. I saw nothing but beautiful skies, huge waves, and smiling faces as far my eyes could see.

Amazing how big of a difference one day can make. I think this is important to remember in life as well. In life, there are always some major storms. There are also many sunny days ahead. I know, in the middle of the storm, it's hard to see the silver lining, but if you can weather the storm, there is always another beautiful day ahead. Today, I got to enjoy the company of a bunch of folks who weathered the storm, and what a beautiful day it was.

Keep moving forward, my friends. Keep striving to reach those goals. Keep trying your best. Above all else, don't give up. Do everything you can to keep positivity in your life. We will all face bad days. We will all have to weather storms throughout our life. You can make it through. Find the silver lining and make the most of every moment. It will make a difference. Have a wonderful week, friends!

P.S. - Please keep everyone on the Big Island in your prayers. Many of them are still without power, water, and other basic necessities. Most of the folks I talk to are still keeping it positive, which is good. They are doing their best, but they still need help. Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment