Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Tomorrow is not guaranteed...

This week has been interesting for me. I had the chance to catch up with a student I have not seen 6 years. I was also blessed to see her graduate from high school. All in all, things have been very good. However, there is one conversation I had recently with someone that has been on my mind.

Someone recently expressed to me how much it bothers them that they were not able to talk with a special someone before they passed. The person talked about how he always thought he had more time. He kept putting off talking with that person. He kept thinking there would be another day, and then there wasn't another day. Thus, this person is left with a kind of hurt in his heart that cannot be easily fixed.

This conversation struck a chord with me because I know this hurt well. There are more people I wish I had one more chance to talk to than I care to admit. I did the exact same things. I always felt like there would be another day, another time, another opportunity, but there isn't always another chance. There are people I see as clear as day in my mind the last day I ever saw and spoke to them. I remember thinking I should talk to him or her, and for whatever reason, I never did, and then I never got the chance again.

I wish I could say there is an easy way to fix this, but there isn't. The people I never got a chance to talk to once more weigh heavily on my mind quite often. I remember the good times, and I smile. But there are also times I see them in my mind and I wish more than anything in the world that I had just one more chance to speak to them again. Time goes on and the pain becomes more manageable, but it never completely goes away.

The best we can do is take the time to be with the people who are important to us now while we can. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. Sometimes there aren't second chances. Tell the people you love that you love them today. Have those conversations you've been meaning to have. Make those important memories. Do the things that you always wanted to, because you might not have a chance to tomorrow. Don't put off for tomorrow that which can be done today. Because once it is too late, there is nothing that can be done.

Anyway, this is what is weighing on my heart this evening. Thanks for reading. I think I will leave you with a song. Have a wonderful week everyone! Stay blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment